Best tips for installing window film - Planning is the key, a dirty window will not ever look good, be sure to glass scrape every window even if it look clean to make certain will be certainly no ingrained dirt that you can't see:
|tips for installing window film|
2. Make sure you clean out your water container and that the go solution is made with fresh clean water, if there's contamination in the water bottle this will transfer to the film.
3. A dust free environment is paramount, if you aren't fitting externally you'll need to fit the film on a dry day when there's little breeze. Once fitting film internally make sure that the region is as dirt free as it can be. Spraying a light spray of normal water over the area will help you to keep dust down.
4. Make sure you're tools are up to the job, damaged rubbers can leave water behind the film which will cause pockets afterwards down the range. Keep your knife sharp.
5. If you are fitting the film on your own you may use another window to carry the film for you as you remove the assistance liner, spray your go solution onto a free window that's just right to hold the film. Place the film on the glass with the backing liner facing you; the water will actually hold the film on the glass leaving your hands free to remove the assistance liner.
6. Put the straight edge in on the top edge of the window which means this won't need cutting, if you overlap this top border contaminated water can spill down triggering dirt to get behind the film.
7. When you put the film onto the glass ensure that you squeegee a little bit of the away in the center before cutting the edges to quit the film from moving when you are cutting.
8. When you fit the film and start squeegeeing the water out doesn’t go too near the advantage until it’s been lower down properly, if you squeegee the film to the advantage when it’s still overlapping it can move contamination from the border.
9. Once you have squeegeed all the water from in back of the film, start squeegeeing again to be sure you get all the water out, it could look fine but if which thin layer of water under the film this can quickly turn to a bubble, make sure to overlap each stroke of the squeegee.
10. In case the weather is cold place the warming on for a few of hours to help the film to be dried out, if the glass windows get a lot of condensation ensure you check the work the following days and nights and re-squeegee and hands that appear.